Zebra QLn TM Series
Zebra’s popular QLTM family of direct thermal mobile label printers has built a highly satisfied following based upon its proven drop-resistant durability; user- friendly, productivity-boosting features; and easy integration. As Zebra’s third generation of QL printers, the QLn series extends these QL-platform benefits to the “nth” power—whether you choose the QLn220TM for print widths up to 2 inches or the QLn320TM for 3-inch-wide printing. The printers’ over-molding and tempered-glass display— coupled with their seamless, one-piece design—make them more durable than ever before.
These printers can boost your operation’s productivity through their larger, sharper, easier-to- navigate display; faster, higher- quality printing; a variety of proactive alerts that help keep working printers in employees’hands; and many convenient charging accessories. And, your IT department will find the QLn printers more intuitive to integrate into existing platforms thanks to Zebra’s Link-OS® environment. Other features such as Zebra Global Printing and improved network performance—including 802.11n
wireless LAN capability for more robust and reliable connectivity and throughput—also make integration easier.
With Zebra’s Link-OS environment—an innovative operating system combining a powerful Multiplatform Software Development Kit (SDK) and software applications—the QLn printers are easy to integrate, manage and maintain from any location around the globe. Enabled with Print TouchTM, these
Link-OS printers offer web page launching features using Near Field Communication (NFC), making it
easy to access Zebra’s extensive knowledge base of how-to videos and product support.
Multiple enhancements deliver significant operational
advantages over the previous-generation QL and QL Plus
series mobile printers.
Easier to Use
The QLn family of printers were designed to optimize business processes through easy operation and
mobility—reducing training requirements and increasing worker productivity.
• Meet the increasing demand for mobile printing across different operating systems. QLn printers
are “Made for iPod®/iPhone®/iPad®” certified and also support Android and Windows devices via
Multiplatform SDK apps.
• Easily operate the printer using simple-to-navigate controls and a user-friendly interface, which includes a help menu and alert messages.
• Quickly access Zebra’s extensive knowledge base of how-to videos and product support with Print Touch- enabled Web page launching features.
• Conveniently carry and store the printer thanks to a smaller design.
• Achieve faster, higher-quality printing with lower power use through Power Smart Print TechnologyTM.
• Experience higher performance:
– Faster processing and throughput.
– Increased memory that handles printer’s advanced functions and future firmware improvements, and stores more complex fonts, graphics and images.
• Increase user and operational efficiencies with convenient charging accessories.
Longer Printer Uptime
Improve operational productivity and reduce costs associated with downtime through fewer printing
• Monitor and manage the printer remotely using the Windows PC-based AirWatch Connector.
• Prevent associates from being stuck printerless in the middle of their work. The printer enables
proactive maintenance by displaying printer alert messages, smart battery charge and health status.
• Avoid the downtime and costs of unnecessarily sending the printer away for servicing. Many issues can be remotely diagnosed and resolved (including firmware updates, configuration changes, and adding new fonts or graphics) over an Ethernet connection.
Lithium-Ion Charging Accessories
Connect QLn printers to your wired Ethernet network via the QLn Ethernet cradle to enable easy remote management by your IT or operations staff—helping to ensure each printer is operating optimally and ready for use. The Ethernet cradle can communicate over 10 mbps or 100 mbps networks using auto-sense.
The single-bay QLn Ethernet cradle also charges the battery while it is in the printer, while the 4-bay version (with optional wall mount kit) charges four printers at a time. The 4-bay version includes an internal Ethernet switch and second Ethernet port, so you can link and manage four 4-bay QLn Ethernet cradles (a total of 16 printers) from one port.
The printer remains fully functional so you can print while it is in either cradle. The cradle’s LED lights
indicate DC power and Ethernet-link status. Remote printer management over your Ethernet allows:
• Battery management for monitoring battery health. Knowing each battery’s lifespan stage simplifies
central management of your spare-battery pool.
• Firmware management for updating printer firmware, eliminating the need for IT staff to travel to the local user site, or for the printer to be sent back to a central location for updating.
• Print management for updating templates, fonts and graphics in order to print new label formats.
• Device management for updating startup
(e.g., config. sys), WML (front panel) or HTML (browser) files to enhance or change configuration
and status collection.
• Network management for updating encryption keys or certificate files to maintain the highest level
• Problem resolution and troubleshooting local printer issues that may otherwise require the printer to be sent in for repair.
• Ability to manage Bluetooth printers, which traditionally have been off-network.